Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh Saturday...

Observations from today:

1 - I adore playing music in a group. Rehearsal is so great and it always ends too soon. The conductor keeps thanking us for the sacrifice of our time to be there but I always want to stand up and thank her for letting me enjoy something I love again and thereby reclaim a little bit of me.
2 - I must eat lunch. I cannot skip a meal...I'm wondering if I have low blood sugar. I got such a bad headache because I decided to stay out after rehearsal and therefore didn't eat. It is tragic, but I guess I can make the sacrifice of eating a little more... When I took the glucose test when I was pregnant with Evan, they thought I was fasting because my blood sugar was so low. They told me to eat a lot of ice cream. It was the best advice from a doctor's office I had ever received.
3 - I always think at the end of day I wished I had been more patient with the boys. Well, I realized that I can do that today...because I was gone most of the day. That certainly makes it easier to be patient. However, as I was driving to rehearsal this morning, I was already missing them. Pathetic? Perhaps. As Mike says, I couldn't handle not being the stay-at-home parent.
4 - I am really close to having Evan weaned. He is fine when I am not around, so the tricky time is going to be nap time when I am here. But, he is done with his bed time feeding. Woohoo! I think he knows that something is going on, that I am trying to take it away from him. Several times during the day now he comes up to me screaming and pulling on my shirt. He is going through withdrawl...

No comments: