Sunday, March 29, 2009

The itch...



I know I can't claim Maine as home, having only lived there for four years, but it has always stayed with me and I often find myself thinking about it, daydreaming about being there. My parents bought a book about Maine while we were there, and I always remember the quotes inside that spoke about carrying Maine with you even when you leave and longing to return. That is me. I love everything about Maine.

So, as I said, I think about Maine often. Eventually, that thinking leads to a full-on itch - a definite need to get back. That's where I am at. I have the itch. It has been five years since I was there last, and I cannot wait to get back. I am so excited to show Mike my favorite places; to watch my boys run on the beach; to find a farm and pick some strawberries; and to feel that happy, simple lifestyle that is Maine. So, we'll see how long I can hold out. If any of you are lucky enough to take a great vacation this summer, might I recommend Maine? One warning though - once you go, you'll have get back. You won't forget it, I promise you that.

No comments: