Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And I quote...

I don't know if it is my history in debate or just something inherent in me, but I love quotes. Love them, love them, love them. So I thought that on the nights that I don't really have much to say or time to sit down and do a full post I will just post a quote I came across and liked. So, here we go.

“Virtue is a word we don’t hear often in today’s society, but the Latin root word virtus means strength. Virtuous women and men possess a quiet dignity and inner strength. They are confident because they are worthy to receive and be guided by the Holy Ghost. President Monson has counseled: 'You be the one to make a stand for right, even if you stand alone. Have the moral courage to be a light for others to follow. There is no friendship more valuable than your own clear conscience, your own moral cleanliness - and what a glorious feeling it is to know that you stand in your appointed place clean and with the confidence that you are worthy to do so.’” – Elaine S. Dalton, November 2008 Ensign

No comments: