Thursday, March 12, 2009

Observations

I did a lot today. My body aches in agreement. But it is a happy feeling, to know that I have accomplished much. And along my day I made a few observations:

1 - Joanns is great for me, not so great for the boys. And, a spool of thread makes for a mighty fine chew toy apparently.
2 - I wish wish wish I could sew. Someday I will learn but for now I'm glad my mom is willing to accept my fabric and project ideas. Oh, so many things I want to make...
3 - There is something very satisfying about pulling weed and root out of the ground. Squatting for an hour while doing that, not so satisfying.
4 - On days when Mike is gone until after the boys go to bed, it is not a good idea to pull weeds while they nap...I'm tired!
5 - The time between dinner and bath goes a lot faster when it is still light outside.
6 - My two year-old is incapable of listening.
7 - I read advice that you should do as many of your household chores while your kids are awake so that you can have you time when they are asleep. I have to say that that is some of the best advice I have seen. I love having the dishes done right after dinner instead of coming down after putting the boys to bed to a messy kitchen.
8 - Evan can eat...a lot. And, he has enough teeth to do so. I realized today that he isn't a baby that gums all his food. I can give him bigger pieces of food and food that requires teeth...my baby is not so much a baby any more!
9 - I need another leash, for Evan. He kept running away from me today. He used to stay right by me because he was attached to me emotionally and therefore physically. I guess he's getting braver. But with two little boys in a store, measures must be taken...
10 - I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Okay, I already knew that, but I read this on lds.org today in a press release and it just made me feel all happy:

Latter-day Saints should conduct themselves with dignity and thoughtfulness. Not only is this the model that Jesus Christ taught and demonstrated in his own life, but it also reflects the reality of the strength and maturity of Church members today. As someone recently said, “This isn’t 1830, and there aren’t just six of us anymore.” In other words, with a global membership of thirteen and a half million there is no need to feel defensive when the Church is moving forward so rapidly. The Church’s strength is in its faithful members in 170-plus countries, and there is no evidence that extreme misrepresentations in the media that appeal only to a narrow audience have any long-term negative effect on the Church... If the Church allowed critics and opponents to choose the ground on which its battles are fought, it would risk being distracted from the focus and mission it has pursued successfully for nearly 180 years. Instead, the Church itself will determine its own course as it continues to preach the restored gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the world.

That's it! I am off to put my boys to bed and rest my body!

No comments: