Friday, May 1, 2009

The little things

I am so happy to be a stay-at-home mom. I have been reading Dr. Laura's new book, and I am going to talk about that more later (exciting, huh!) But I have been thinking a lot lately about how much I love being at home and hearing Jordan develop. He says the funniest things.
For example, today I was changing yet another dirty diaper - seriously, it can't be normal how many dirty diapers I change in a day - and Jordan walked up to Evan and said, "no more dirty diapers today Evan!"
Earlier that day he was telling me he wanted "a different else." I love that he gets what things mean and experiments with putting them together.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I love being here to hear these little moments. Maybe they seem mundane, but to me they are extraordinary.
Then tonight I watched my boys play with their dad. They laughed and ran and had such a good time. And I can tell you that there in NO other joy greater than watching your family be happy together. No "me time" activity is better than being in a happy home together. And I am so grateful to give my time - full time - to that pursuit.

No comments: