Monday, May 11, 2009

What a day.

My day today was...well...less than great. It was just one of those days.

The day actually started pretty well. The boys woke up before 6:00, but Mike got up with them and woke me up at 7:30 with breakfast because we weren't home yesterday for Mother's Day. That was pretty nice.

Next, I needed to run errands. Most importantly, I needed to get light-blocking curtains for the boys' rooms so they will sleep past 5:45 am! So, I went to Target because I needed to get a couple of other things there too. And Evan fussed the whole time. And they didn't have curtains. So off to Ross. Found two curtain rods, one missing screws, but that made it really cheap. Jordan screamed (literally) the whole time. Went to Walmart, got curtains. Jordan screamed the whole time.

Then, after lunch, we all took a nap.

After the boys woke up I decided to fix our vacuum that broke last week. I started it up and our house filled with burned rubber smoke. It wasn't the belt that was the problem but I burned through another one. Now here is where the next problem for the day is - we are not handy people. So, since I didn't know what could be the problem, I headed back to Target, because in trying to fix the vacuum, I dumped a bunch of dust and dirt on the floor thinking I would just vacuum it up! Jordan and Evan both screamed the whole time on this trip. I bought a vacuum then got to talk to my mom. We came up with what was wrong with my other vacuum and I fixed it! Then it broke again, leaving junk all over the carpet I just vacuumed. Good times.

Oh, and did I mention Evan's 4 dirty diapers and Jordan's 2 for the day?

Then Mike got home and after dinner we tried to hang the curtains that I chased down this morning. And, after one broken drill bit and half a screw broken into the wall, we gave up for the evening.

After the boy's bath and prayer I was just sitting on the floor too exhausted and frustrated with my day to get up yet. Then Jordan came over and tried to make me laugh and smile. And it worked.

Sometimes I get overwhelmed with how hard everything is to do with kids, especially my kids. They aren't the sit quiet types. Anyway, they always remind me how worth it it is to be a mom. It is a sacrifice. Things are harder. And sometimes I really just don't want to deal with them. But I am always so happy that they are mine, that I get be with them every day.

1 comment:

Kim said...

i am sorry to hear you had a rough day :(. Screaming kids are not fun at all. Did you get your curtains up atleast???