Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One hot summer week...



We have been running fans here a lot lately because it is already in the 90's, and I have to say that I love the sound of a fan. It is a happy summer sound. But now that sound always takes me back to one moment in time - the week after Jordan was born.

Jordan was born at the end of June in Oregon during a heat wave. Some friends of ours in the ward were so kind to us and gave us an air conditioner for our window. We were so grateful for that air conditioner because we could keep our newborn cool and happy. Anyway, my delivery with Jordan was pretty awful. Hours and hours of laboring, 4 1/2 hours of pushing and finally a c-section. Needless to say, I felt horrible. But that week after he was born is still one of my happiest memories. My mom was in town to help, which meant taking care of me (there is something wonderful about being taken care of by your mom, no matter how old you are). I had my sweet little Jordan and Mike was at home with us taking a bit of a break from school. So, my mind has wandered to that happy time many, many times lately, and I am so glad to have such a happy memory.

No comments: