Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What to do!

I am kind of stuck. For a while I wanted projects to work on, books to read, or just something to fill my time. And now I have too many. Too many, in fact, that I have a hard time actually accomplishing much on any one thing. And, apparently that includes blogging! Somehow I need to cut it down or strategize. But I love projects! I love having something to create. So how do I decide?
I have recently discovered how to make blog backgrounds, and I love doing it. I love mixing up colors and patterns. At any rate, it gives me a chance to try something new and learn to be a bit more creative. I kind of think it would be fun to start one of the blogs that has backgrounds to use, but it isn’t a necessary project…
I am also learning to sew right now, and I am finding out that it is going to take a bit of practice to get it down. But I have so many things I want to make. I have realized that I am getting pickier about what I want, yet cheaper at the same time, which makes for a difficult combination. So, I want to learn to make what I want!
I also love reading. I can’t stop, which is why I need to cut down, actually! I just picked up two more large books to read and I reserved my book group book for next month. It is so fun to immerse myself into a good story.
Oh, I haven’t touched my scrapbooking. I am so far behind that I am afraid I may never catch up!
But how do I do it all? I have found that when I have so many things that I want to do that my days are a little more stressful because I want to get to other things. But during the day, I need to focus on my boys and house. So how do I find the balance? Do I give some of it up? Do I make a schedule? How do I learn the patience to wait until there is time? Oh, and how do I find the energy to keep up after a day with my boys?! Any tips?