Sunday, September 21, 2008

Reality check

I know I already said my peace for today, but here we go again!
My boys are an interesting lot. They are extremely active, hyper, playful, etc, but just so long as I am right there with them. Subsequently I spend all my time during the day taking care of them or playing with them. A lot of the time I don't mind. I understand that when people say it goes by so fast they mean it. So, I play with them. I hold them. I dance, sing, and goof off with them. Occasionally I really wish that either of them had an ounce of independence, but I wouldn't change them really because, as most children are to their mothers, they are perfect. But, this leaves me with no time to myself (I usually even have one of them following after me into the bathroom...seriously guys!) By the time they go to bed at night I not only exhusted, my body can't seem to move any more. If I can muster up some motivation, I usually use it to do the dishes, laundry, or something domestic like that. With all of this combined, I usually don't get a chance to do those things that I enjoy.

Sometimes I forget who I am. I forget what I like, what my interests are or even my personality. When people ask me what I like to do, it is often that I just stare blankly at them because I know I should have an answer but it just isn't there. But I truly believe that there are seasons in my life to do everything and right now I am focusing on my kids. Along the way, however, I want to remember who I am so that when I do have that time again I will know what to do with it! Sometimes I make a list of what I used to do with myself when I had time and those things that I enjoyed thinking about (I love to daydream!) I always feel better about things after I have done this because I remember that there is something else to me. So, I am creating a list of things I love on the sidebar of this blog to remind me of who I am. I will just keep adding to it as I recall more things. This way I will remember more often what makes me me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I know what you mean. Since we had a lot of family visiting this summer I was asked that a lot!

I stood there thinking, blankly. Ummm I don't know. I do like things. I did have hobbies, ummm....

You know how it goes. That's a good idea to keep a list. I like your list too by the way. We are so much alike. Aren't you so glad Fall is here. I hear several people complaining about it in the last couple of weeks. I was thinking, "Are you CRAZY?!" It's the best!