Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Home sweet Home

On Sunday I left home to come home. We went to Utah for Thanksgiving with my family and had a wonderful time. Not only is Utah home because my family is there, but because I absolutely adore Utah. I love so many things about it. I cannot wait for the day when we can settle there and be home when we are at home.
I love the feeling I get when I am in Utah. I feel like I belong, like I fit in, like I am safe, and I feel extremely happy. I love the mountains, the seasons, the people, the memories, the canyons, all the activities to do, the zoo, Salt Lake City, Utah county, the country, being at the center of the Church and so much more. And I love being surrounded by so many LDS people. I know there are people who think that is awful, but I just don't understand it. It is wonderful to be around so many people that share your beliefs and values and way of life. I didn't grow up in Utah and I had many great friends and experiences, but I want to raise my family in Utah. I know it isn't perfect, but it is great, and it is home.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It even better since your family and Mike's family is there!